View Single Post
Old September 17 2012, 08:11 AM   #108
Cutter John
Rear Admiral

Re: 7X03 A Town Called Mercy (Grading/Discussion) (SPOILERS!)

The Lensman wrote: View Post

I'm wondering along these lines as well. Going by next weeks preview, they do seem to be at a choosing point. And I said sometime back that I think the "heartbreaking" moment will be them saying "no" one day when the Doctor shows up.

But after seeing that by the Williams' reckoning, the Doctor's visits are getting more spaced out....I too am wondering if he shows up one day, Amy and Rory both old (or maybe one is already gone) and like with the Brigadier, he finds out that he was never seen by the Williams' after a certain point and that becomes "fixed" since he can't cross his timeline or timestream or whatever they said back in the day.

This is what I'm hoping for too. Growing old and growing apart can be so much sadder and more emotional than simply 'killing someone off'.
"The way I see it, every life is a pile of good things and bad things. The good things don't always soften the bad things. But vice versa, the bad things don't necessarily spoil the good things or make them unimportant."
Cutter John is offline   Reply With Quote