View Single Post
Old September 17 2012, 07:59 AM   #106
The Lensman
Fleet Captain

Re: 7X03 A Town Called Mercy (Grading/Discussion) (SPOILERS!)

Allyn Gibson wrote: View Post
3chordboy wrote: View Post
Moff has said when The Ponds leave it will be a tearjerker... i don't think he is implying death, i think he's implying that they will turn around to The Doctor and say "we've had enough". thats the vibe that i see building over these first 3 episodes anyway
I'm expecting an ending similar to The Time Traveler's Wife -- the Doctor doesn't see them again for a long time, and then he sees Amy for the last time on her deathbed, decades after they last traveled together.

I'm wondering along these lines as well. Going by next weeks preview, they do seem to be at a choosing point. And I said sometime back that I think the "heartbreaking" moment will be them saying "no" one day when the Doctor shows up.

But after seeing that by the Williams' reckoning, the Doctor's visits are getting more spaced out....I too am wondering if he shows up one day, Amy and Rory both old (or maybe one is already gone) and like with the Brigadier, he finds out that he was never seen by the Williams' after a certain point and that becomes "fixed" since he can't cross his timeline or timestream or whatever they said back in the day.

And I enjoyed this weeks episode more than last weeks clown show for the kiddies.