View Single Post
Old September 17 2012, 06:59 AM   #103
Kestrel
Vice Admiral

Re: 7X03 A Town Called Mercy (Grading/Discussion) (SPOILERS!)

It was a solid enough episode, but not as good as the previous two. The music was really good for sure, and the sets were very nice. I thought Browder's role, as important as it was, was too small and with his whole "the war just ended five years ago" tidbit I was expecting something more from him regarding Jex's actions. Still, what we got was good.

I agree with the majority that the Ponds weren't needed and Rory especially, but it's always nice to see them. I'll be sad when they go, but to be honest if it had meant more Browder I might have been willing to give them up for this episode.

The real weakness of the episode, IMO, was Jex; in particular, I just didn't get much of any thing of a vibe from him. I don't know if it's writing or acting or what, but his whole character was "meh" to me. I did like the Gunslinger though and his ending was good.

DWF wrote: View Post
Amy signed her name as Williams on her divorce paper, you can't get too much morer official than that. Amy Williams is her legal name, Rory didn't take her name. The Doctor even told Amy in The God Complex that her name is Amelia Williams and it was time her her to grow up.
Legal smeagol, they're still the Ponds. And of course, the Doctor lies.