View Single Post
Old September 16 2012, 10:36 PM   #70
Violet.Phoenix
Commander

Re: female audience reaction to Seven of Nine

BirdInJetstream wrote: View Post
Ok. I think it wasn't a good choice of words. I actually wouldn't go so far to say she was afraid. But it was clearly creepy for her:

I mean her suspicions were justified and all. And of course she had a plan B. So she wasn't really scared. But I always thought it did cost her a lot so sit in that seat in that moment.

Yeah. I guess it's more that she was intimidated by something that she did not trust and could not accurately predict. Janeway is used to being in control and having variables that she can work with and understand. The Borg are the exact opposite of that.

I think it's safe to say that anyone would be creeped out by a Borg drone walking around behind them.

R. Star wrote: View Post
Janeway was real hypocritical in the way she treated Seven.

"You're human and you're free to have a choice... so long as you do exactly as I tell you and don't deviate from that one bit."
This is something that has always bothered me about Janeway's decision to make Seven human again. Sure, she had good intentions, but in giving Seven that Janeway forced her ideals on Seven. I've heard other arguments that as a drone she didn't really have a choice because she was under the will of the Collective, but she was still conscious of those choices.

Did Janeway really have the right to force all that on Seven, even with the best of intentions?