View Single Post
Old September 16 2012, 07:54 PM   #35
Shikarnov
Rear Admiral

Re: The recycled footage of BOP exploding in Generations

Mr_Homn wrote: View Post
Yeah once shields are out of the picture, it doesn't matter what the matchup is,really... It's just another structure that can be destroyed with a few torpedoes. Of course there are exceptions, like a borg cube or something, but I think a galaxy class without shields is just as vulnerable as anything else.

Of course, it's still stupid for riker or geordi or data not to try and just change shield frequency.... again, bad writing.
I don't think it was bad writing,*so much as an intentional desire to A - satisfy the producers' desire to blow up the ship, and B - minimize the technobabble so general audiences had a prayer of keeping up.

It's really a shame too. The E-D looked fantastic on the big screen -- even the recycled footage from the series. I really don't understand why they needed a longer ship because of the 16:9 ratio. I would have been very happy to see the E-D in First Contact, Insurrection, and Nemesis.