View Single Post
Old September 16 2012, 11:55 AM   #368
Shane Houston
Commander

View Shane Houston's Twitter Profile
Re: VOY: The Eternal Tide by Kirsten Beyer Review Thread (Spoilers!)

BillJ wrote: View Post
Halliwell wrote: View Post

No. It didn't. But watch the show. The credits read "starring" Kate Mulgrew as Captain Kathryn Janeway and then goes to also starring Robert Beltran as Chakotay. She was the series lead and to a lot of us that means something.
I don't get it. The captain/commanding officer is always the lead and listed first in the credits. In the main timeline, Kirk has been dead for nearly twenty years now, being listed as the star in the credits didn't save him from death.
Maybe as far as canon and but even that's a cheat since the 2009 movies has Kirk alive and well. And I find the well he's dead in the novelverse argument light a well because Simon and Shuster brought Kirk back from the dead not two years later with The Return by Williams Shatner. They can scream all they want that it's not the same continuity but they sold a line of books that brought back Kirk. Fans of his could read stories with him in it while fans of KJ could not.
"I excel at following the important ones." Admiral Kathryn Janeway answering Counselor Cambridge's questioning her whether she excels at following orders. Star Trek Voyager: Protectors by New York Times Bestselling authorKirsten "Mother F**ng" Beyer
Shane Houston is offline   Reply With Quote