View Single Post
Old September 15 2012, 04:30 PM   #13
captain crow
Fleet Captain

Location: Onboard a sliver dog bone shaped satellite in Earth orbit
Re: The recycled footage of BOP exploding in Generations

StewMc wrote: View Post
captain crow wrote: View Post
Fun fact: Movies 2-7 reuse at least one model shot from the movie that came before it. In fact one shot gets reused for three consecutive movies.
Let me guess, the Enterprise-A in Spacedock shot? (used at the end of IV, during Scotty's log entry in V, and just as the ship is about to leave at the start of VI?.
Yup.
For what it's worth, in Generations I believe the shot of the BoP cloaking just before the Observatory goes boom is also a reuse from VI.
And the Enterprise-B warping past is the Excelsior from VI.

Dream wrote: View Post
captain crow wrote: View Post
Fun fact: Movies 2-7 reuse at least one model shot from the movie that came before it. In fact one shot gets reused for three consecutive movies.
Let me guess, the Enterprise-A in Spacedock shot? (used at the end of IV, during Scotty's log entry in V, and just as the ship is about to leave at the start of VI?

For what it's worth, in Generations I believe the shot of the BoP cloaking just before the Observatory goes boom is also a reuse from VI.
The difference is that the Enterprise model shots were unimportant and short.
But it's a reused shot and isn't that what you're original post is complaining about? All I did was point out that II-VII all reuse shots from previous.

JarodRussell wrote: View Post
The reused spacedock shots in TWOK are no exception.
Pretty much any shot of the Enterprise not involving Genisis, Regula 1, Reliant, or the Mutara Nubula are from TMP.

Dream wrote: View Post
At this point I was REALLY tried of seeing the Klingons deplicted as the bad guys in the movies. Gene Roddenberry went to the trouble of making the Klingon Empire an ally of the Federation in the TNG era just to get away from that, since he never thought the movies should have been so much about Klingons vs humans. I really agreed with him on that.
Then what the hell is the point of making a thread complaining about a reused shot?

Last edited by captain crow; September 15 2012 at 04:40 PM.
captain crow is offline   Reply With Quote