View Single Post
Old September 15 2012, 04:58 AM   #353
Christopher
Writer

Re: VOY: The Eternal Tide by Kirsten Beyer Review Thread (Spoilers!)

Halliwell wrote: View Post
See. I knew it wouldn't take you long to come in here to tell me how wrong I am and how my facts are wrong. You know because you were my favorite author I let you make me think that some how if I disagreed with your opinions that I was the one wrong.
My opinions have nothing to do with this. Fact and opinion are two entirely separate things. Opinions are personal and nobody can take them away from you, but facts are objective, and nobody has the right to support their opinions by distorting or misrepresenting the facts. If you say "I like Janeway and prefer to read stories about her," that is an opinion and I can't argue with it. But if you say "The people who disagree with me are incapable of changing their minds" -- in the very thread where several of them have already declared that they changed their minds -- then that is simply, unambiguously wrong.

But clearly you're prejudiced to see an argument based in objectivity as some kind of further persecution against you, so there's no point in continuing this conversation.

Violet.Phoenix wrote: View Post
I think of it like this:

a) half from each parent (let x represent the Q's power):

1/2x + 1/2x = x

So q ends up with the same amount of power as each of his parents.

b) full potential of each parent:

x + x = 2x

But in this case he would have twice his parents' power.
Why not x * x = x^2? Or... dare I say it... Q Squared?

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote