View Single Post
Old September 15 2012, 04:51 AM   #28
Gov Kodos
Vice Admiral

Re: female audience reaction to Seven of Nine

R. Star wrote: View Post
I gotta agree. Don't get me wrong, I think she looked dang good in that catsuit. Few women could pull that look off. But it does take away from an otherwise serious character.

I would have liked it if they had kept her Borgified, half robotic like she was in the GIft for awhile. Then bit by bit it could have been removed with each symbolic step towards her discovering her humanity.
Seven's character changed much too fast for my liking. She had no real past to revert to, being pretty much a result of a Borg maturation chamber. I would have imagined her handling losing her Borg systems about as well as someone would handle having an arm and eye removed because humans were supposed to have one hand and one eye. Only one early episode gave a hint of that. When her hand was injured while working with Harry. Unfortunately, nothing was really done to explore that loss of Borg ability and her adaption to her physical state on Voyager beyond that.