View Single Post
Old September 15 2012, 04:38 AM   #26
Gov Kodos
Vice Admiral

Re: female audience reaction to Seven of Nine

Violet.Phoenix wrote: View Post
I'm a bit divided on my opinion of Seven of Nine. I would agree with others that she is a fantastic character with a great story arc that carries out over the latter seasons of Voyager. However, my one problem with her character is that I feel like by putting her in a catsuit they put too much focus on her physical attributes.

I have no problem with Seven as a character; I just don't like that she became known for her looks. I feel like Seven was added to the show for a sort of physical attraction, but I also recognize what her character brought to the show.
Had Jeri Ryan not been the actress she was, Seven might well have been no more than a catsuit. Especially, if the stories had been of no more depth than the Orion slave girl episode of Enterprise. My problem with Seven was the turn her into a human because Borg is bad theme. I disliked the stories of season 7 the most.