View Single Post
Old September 15 2012, 01:25 AM   #326
JD
Admiral

Re: VOY: The Eternal Tide by Kirsten Beyer Review Thread (Spoilers!)

Galekarens wrote: View Post
If people didn't want to read Voy. books without Kathryn Janeway alive it was their concern and it's not for someone to tell them they were wrong or “silly”. I DID read Unworthy and found it rather uninteresting without KJ, but won't go into other details because this is not a review thread for that particular book. BTW her name was mentioned but 13 times there (out of almost 400 pages) and only half of that by the crew who were so upset by her passing a short time before (thank goodness for Tom/B'Elanna), hardly a large presence. I then, after looking into Children of the Storm, where only about half of it was set on Voyager, decided wasn't too interested in reading it. Now I think might read some of it, well maybe just the Voyager parts, to get information about the other canon Voyager characters. And I checked, Janeway's name was mentioned 8 times in COTS (mostly in passing), again not much of a presence; it seemed to me that KJ was going to be forgotten.
So the only way you could have possibly enjoyed the book was if Janeway was in it? Isn't that a little narrow minded? What about all of the other characters from the show, or new characters? What about Kirsten Beyer's skills as a writer?
Harry Dresden - Blood Rites (The Dresden Files #6)
JD is offline   Reply With Quote