View Single Post
Old September 14 2012, 07:29 PM   #311
heath_96
Ensign

View heath_96's Twitter Profile
Re: VOY: The Eternal Tide by Kirsten Beyer Review Thread (Spoilers!)

I finished the book a couple of days ago, and I have to say I was very impressed!

I was part of the campaign to Bring Back Kathryn Janeway (please don't be horrible, we were just voicing or opinion. Calling us names isn't going to accomplish anything, it's just hurtful and not necessary!) and I was happy with how Kirsten Beyer managed the return, and I loved the J/C aspects of the book

I've read all the other Voyager books, and this has to be my favourite so far, as sad as it is for the characters, I'm quite glad that the fleet has been cut down to just a few ships, I felt as though with the mass of new characters, it was hard to keep up at times. However some of the more permanent new Trek characters (Such as Cambridge, Conlon and Eden) have been well introduced and I'm looking forward to the development of them, for example, what's going to happen with Cambridge and Seven?

Also, I'm excited for how Beyer's going to develop the J/C relationship, especially with Chakotay working under Janeway, but then again that's what the chain of command was like on Voyager, so it shouldn't be too much of a change, really. As well as this, I'm looking forward to the Paris/Torres parts (Exciting, huh?)

I loved the Q aspect of the book, especially the parts with q and Janeway (It's nice that Beyer's using the Godmother/Godson aspect, and that q has so much faith and trust in Janeway) and the moral issues the Q family were facing.

All in all, I was very happy with this book, I will definitely be reading it again soon, and will be on the lookout for the next book in the series!
heath_96 is offline   Reply With Quote