View Single Post
Old September 14 2012, 06:29 PM   #91
Robert Maxwell
Respect the Beef

View Robert Maxwell's Twitter Profile Send a message via ICQ to Robert Maxwell Send a message via AIM to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Robert Maxwell Send a message via Yahoo to Robert Maxwell
Re: My rambling thoughts on BSG after a full series run-through

Sindatur wrote: View Post
Robert Maxwell wrote: View Post
So it seems your argument is because BSG does not map 100% directly to 9/11 and the "war on terror," that means Ron Moore never said the show drew from those events and used them to inform the issues explored.

Glad we have that cleared up.
No, I'm saying since the examples provided are exact opposites, or have almost nothing in common, the show didn't succeed in producing those allegories/parallels.

I've already said I DO NOT QUESTION the legitimacy of the claim that Ron Moore said these things, I question the success in the end Product of making those parallels.

And yes, I understand Allegory, which needs something in common, and isn't achieved with exact opposites
I was never arguing whether or not the show "successfully" allegorized 9/11, but whether it was intended as one, so you have been arguing against a phantom from the start, here.
My blog