View Single Post
Old September 14 2012, 06:14 AM   #919
Vektor
Rear Admiral

Re: Star Ship Polaris

Your experience sounds pretty close to mine, Lensman. The doctors wanted to diagnose my heart issues as stress-related generalized anxiety disorder, but I still don't think that quite fits. I have reason to think I may have either a thyroid or adrenal issue, which I'll be following up on in the near future.

As for the ringing ears and dizziness, I've had a hearing test and a consult with an ENT doctor. Apparently I have some high frequency hearing loss and possibly a problem with the semicircular canals in my left ear. The doc insisted that the ringing in my ears is a consequence of the hearing loss, which frankly makes little sense to me. If that were the case, I'd think it would be constant. I tried to tell the doc that and he insisted that it IS constant, I'm just able to tune it out occasionally. Sorry, but that's simply not the case. The ringing is very definitely NOT there at times, often when it should be most noticeable if it were indeed constant.

I'm scheduled for another CT scan next week to take a closer look at those semicircular canals, and a procedure in August called an ENG exam, which I gather is basically an equilibrium stress test. Hopefully something will turn up, but when your doctor is insisting to you that something is true when you know for a fact that it isn't and basing most of his diagnosis on that determination, it doesn't fill you with a lot of confidence. Much of this whole experience has been like that. I often get the feeling walking out of one doctor's office that I could walk into another's and they'd come up with a completely different diagnosis. Very frustrating, to say the least.

Anyway, now that this thread has turned into my own personal medical drama, I think I'd better start showing some more progress on Polaris. Hopefully will be able to do that in the next day or two.

Stay tuned.