View Single Post
Old September 14 2012, 01:55 AM   #10
Distorted Humor
Fleet Captain

Re: Yet Another Rewatch Thread...

Finished Season 1.... (Dum Dum Dum)

"Duet"

This episode still has a lot of kick to it. I think it one of those episodes that just "worked" in the sense of Acting, Writing, concept, even the little things (having Neela have a small role) just makes you sit back and enjoy the hour of TV.

Amazing, top episode of DS9, and perhaps of Trek....

10 out of 10

"In the Hands of the Prophets"

A fine conclusion to a uneven first season. A surprisingly open minded episode. (TNG would of followed the Jake line of reasoning.) with a slowly dawning realization that something dark is going on, along with that the cute bajorian (ok, in all seriousness, there is a no lack of cute bajorian women, I know where I would move...) Aide to O'brian is the bad girl.

I adore the repostes between Obrian and his wife, where his wife warns him of being too friendly to Neela, and then him have a moment of gulping as she starts to express her like of him.

And the Sydney Opera house Hat makes it grand arrival. And Winn is such a great villain. Not as strong as Duet, but close.

9 out of 10.

Season avg of 5.75 if i did my math correctly (I counted the first episode twice due to it being two hours.)