View Single Post
Old September 13 2012, 02:28 PM   #296
Scout101
Admiral

Re: VOY: The Eternal Tide by Kirsten Beyer Review Thread (Spoilers!)

Welcome back, I guess? The books you were boycotting were some of the better ones that have been put out lately, and ironically, did more with Janeway's character and the Voyager family than any have in a while, so it's kinda a hollow victory at best, IMO.

Looking forward to watching Team Janeway go back and read the stuff they were boycotting, and seeing them realize how silly it was, and how they were depriving themselves of some pretty amazing reading. And wonderful treatments of the characters they said they loved, but boycotted because they preferred the shoddy treatment that they USED to receive before Kristen stepped in...

Not being pissed about Janeway's treatment and screen time in something like the Spirit Walk books, but refusing to read Full Circle? She was more present in the books after her death than she'd been in the several before it, anyway...
Perhaps, if I am very lucky, the feeble efforts of my lifetime will someday be noticed and maybe, in some small way, they will be acknowledged as the greatest works of genius ever created by man. ~Jack Handey
STO: @JScout33
Scout101 is offline   Reply With Quote