View Single Post
Old September 13 2012, 05:51 AM   #78
Paper Moon
Commander

Re: Title Possibly Revealed?

KingDaniel wrote: View Post
Paper Moon wrote: View Post
I'm loving the photoshopped title cards! :-D

I still don't think this is the actual title, though. Again, Abrams and co. are not stupid; they know there are people out there who pay attention to things like domain names. (Witness the '08 elections; people looked to see what domain names had been bought [obamabiden.com, obamaclinton.com, obamarichardson.com, etc.] to try to ascertain the final pick.)

And the fact that they haven't commented on it yet makes me even more convinced that this isn't the final title. They gain nothing by waiting, and they just look bad by delaying it.

My take: "startrekintodarkness" may be part of an advertising gimmick for a differently titled movie. Though, more likely, in my opinion, is that the movie will actually just be called "Into Darkness," but that they wanted the domain name to have Star Trek in it, for various reasons, not the least of which is to make it easier to find through a search engine.

This sets up a trilogy nicely, title-wise: Star Trek, Into Darkness and then something like "New Day Rising".
Paramount Pictures has confirmed the name:
http://beforeitsnews.com/movies/2012...s-2435878.html
Aaaaaannd my theory is completely debunked. Ah well. As we say on Earth, c'est la vie.

Thanks for the link; here's hoping the film is good.
Paper Moon is offline   Reply With Quote