View Single Post
Old September 13 2012, 03:10 AM   #115
deep_edward
Ensign

Re: Phase II "Going Boldly" (new vignette)

GSchnitzer wrote: View Post
Well, as part of our show's Writers and Directors Guide, we envisioned that the late Alex Freeman was from a race/planet of clones and "everyone is pretty much the same." The ironic twist is that we would meet Brion Freeman (one of Peter's numerous "brothers") and we would find Brion to be straight. This would cause some awkwardness (and plot conflicts)--not only for Brion but for Peter Kirk as well. (Peter's advances were to be brutally rejected by Brion.)
Please tell me you're joking. I like what I've seen of the series so far, but this would seriously make me never watch it again.

We may yet see this story line. But we're wary of making this "The Peter Kirk Show"
Who suggested making this "The Peter Kirk Show"? I'm new here and I'm honestly not trying to piss anyone off, so I think I'll just hold my tongue, except to say that I think a far better idea would be to have Peter transfer to another ship and write the character out of the show. I'd rather any theoretical gay characters remain completely invisible than to have them portrayed in the way you have in mind.
deep_edward is offline   Reply With Quote