View Single Post
Old September 13 2012, 01:30 AM   #72
Christopher
Writer

Re: Supergirl Animated Movie

Captain Atkin wrote: View Post
Well, it holds up pretty well for me, but opinions will vary on this. I have no difficulty remembering the names of the female characters from films like Batman, Spiderman and Superman. If you can't remember the names of the male characters from the female led movies (beyond characters like Jimmy Olsen who appeared first in male-led superhero films), then I think that does say something.
All it says it that you're cherry-picking my words to fit your preconceptions. Remember, I specifically said that I couldn't remember most of the character names in those films, male or female. I've only seen Elektra maybe 2-3 times, the last time being several years ago, and I've never seen Catwoman all the way through, though I think I've caught most or all of it in the course of two separate viewings on TV. And I haven't seen Supergirl in decades.

So you're absolutely wrong about what my comments show. They only show that I haven't seen the movies in question very often or very recently, and that I have a much worse memory than I wish I did. They absolutely do not show a differential in the memorability of male vs. female characters in those films. I may not remember the names of most of the characters of either sex, but I definitely remember their presence and roles in the story about equally.

Stick? I like Terrance, but that is a pretty awful name. I never would have remembered that one, although I vaguely remember the actor being in the film.
Stick is a well-established comics character, created by Frank Miller in 1981. He was sensei to both Daredevil and Elektra in the comics, though only to Elektra in the movies.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote