View Single Post
Old September 13 2012, 12:16 AM   #107
Christopher
Writer

Re: La-La Land to release 15-disc original series score set

JimZipCode wrote: View Post
Was there any relationship between him and Courage? Were they friends?
According to their biographies, they both attended the Eastman School of Music in Rochester, NY at around the same time, Courage graduating in 1941 and Huston in '42. That's probably how they knew each other.

If that kind of working arrangement was usual, and Huston was friends with Courage, then it seems very possible that Huston contributed to some season 3 scores; maybe even a lot of material.
Okay, so that would suggest that my situation is not unique -- there may be a lot of composers out there who've made uncredited and unsung contributions to Star Trek (and other productions as well). But then, they'd be in the same boat as all the other uncredited orchestrators, musicians, recording engineers, etc. I know the upcoming box set is going to give credit to a lot of those people, but it would be nice if they could identify some of the unsung collaborators, like the way the recent TMP box set finally clarified once and for all what Steiner's contributions to that film were (since he'd downplayed them and claimed he just helped with a few arrangements).

Well, this has been very informative and I'm glad I asked you folks.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote