View Single Post
Old September 12 2012, 10:25 PM   #44
Mr. Laser Beam
Fleet Admiral

View Mr. Laser Beam's Twitter Profile
Re: Does the Federation still exist in the 31+th century?

Hando wrote: View Post
In "Living Witness", or at least those parts set in the future - in the 31st and ?33rd century - we see a planet in the Delta Quadrant that had no contact with the Federation since Voyager left. The lack of any Federation presence seem a bit strange to me
Perhaps this planet simply doesn't want to be in the Federation. They have that right.

Or, OTOH, the constant squabbling of the Kyrians vs. Vaskans would have disqualified them for membership, anyway (the Federation requires a one-world government). In the closing scenes, when the two groups are at peace, then they'd be eligible, assuming they have achieved political unity.

In any case, it's a huge galaxy. There's room for many different federations. As for *the* Federation, I find it very likely that they will exist for centuries, even millennia.
It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning. It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion.
Mr. Laser Beam is online now   Reply With Quote