View Single Post
Old September 12 2012, 09:12 PM   #51
Captain Atkin
Commander

Re: Supergirl Animated Movie

Christopher wrote: View Post
Captain Atkin wrote: View Post
The fact is, many people do need characters that they can relate too, and that is why female superhero movies tend to not do as well as male superhero films at the box office.
And that's what's wrong with the world -- the inability of so many people to relate to those who are not like themselves. It's nothing to be proud of.
I don't think you quite get what I am saying, so let me put it to you another way. Live-action films like Supergirl, Electra, and Catwoman often have male characters that are poorly written, and not fleshed out enough to make an impact on male viewers. They are often written in a way that makes them boring as hell. Males tend to not like these secondary male characters because of the bad writting, and thus cannot relate to them. This doesn't mean that the males watching these films can't relate to the female heros. Logically, the reason they are even in the theatre is to watch those female heros. But when male roles are written poorly, it tends to turn men off from watching those movies more than once. The box office numbers don't lie.
Captain Atkin is offline   Reply With Quote