View Single Post
Old September 12 2012, 07:28 PM   #14
Spock/Uhura Fan
Captain

Re: Chris Pine: To Shat or Nat? That is the question.

^ The difference in this case is what peaks my interest too.

Methos wrote: View Post
Spock/Uhura Fan wrote: View Post
It's Alive!!!
*Has a truly, truly, bewildering mental image of NuKirk in a cheerleaders outfit cheering S/U Fan on*
Did it look a little something like this?

*runs to find the mind bleach*

M
Oh, so sorry then.

Sindatur wrote: View Post
[...] I don't think he ever needs...to...imitate...Kirk's....Staggered....Spee ch....Pattern

Satyrquaze wrote: View Post
I got the part where you said:

Spock/Uhura Fan wrote: View Post
...because, to me, William Shatner is to acting what Cher is to singing.
And found myself voting NO then and there regardless of the validity of the statement.

Seriously, if we could have Shatner shoehorned into the new Trek movie, I'd rather see Shatner himself play the role of Prime Kirk. And, I think the sanest among would agree that it would be a disaster.
So, does that mean that I made the question too easy? Is it a "slam dunk," in a manner of speaking? I notice that the results are 100% "NO" as of right now.

And I wasn't trying to be insulting when I made that comparison. I just meant to get across that they are distinct in what they do.

Enterprise is Great wrote: View Post
The worst thing Pine could ever do is try to imitate Shatner. It would come off as a parody and more worthy of a Saturday Night Live skit than a Star Trek movie.
http://www.myspace.com/video/saturda...prise/33829799

And one of the best parts is when they mistake NBC for Nabisco.

“The history of men's opposition to women's emancipation is more interesting perhaps than the story of that emancipation itself.” - Virginia Woolf
Spock/Uhura Fan is offline   Reply With Quote