View Single Post
Old September 12 2012, 06:27 PM   #112
Holdfast
Procul, O procul este profani!

Re: F1 2012 Championship Thread

MacLeod wrote: View Post
The Championship is interesting at this point and despite not wining a race Kimi is what 4th about 39 points off the lead.
Kimi's one of those drivers that always seems to get himself in there somehow. Dark horse for the title, perhaps. But I think it will probably come down to an Alonso/Hamilton/Vettel contest by the end and I have a sneaky feeling Alonso will somehow just about hold on. He's not my favourite driver, but he does have a Schumiesque ability to wring performance out of any car, a very competitive mindset and crucially, he's often lucky.

I think LH shuld sign for McLaren
Lonemagpie wrote: View Post
Interestingly, Paul Di Resta has signed with Jenson Button's management company this week...
Yeah, it's interesting. I personally think Lewis would be nuts to leave McLaren if his motivation is to win World Championships. But if I was a betting man, I'd say Di Resta will pair up with Jenson at McLaren next year and Lewis will want to go to either Ferrari or Mercedes. But Alonso would have to leave Ferrari if he went to there, as I really can't see the two of them wanting to be on the same team again, and I agree that Mercedes would prefer a German driver. So Lewis might end up somewhere bizarre, like Lotus. Would be a silly career move IMO.
Holdfast is offline   Reply With Quote