View Single Post
Old September 12 2012, 06:11 PM   #382
Allyn Gibson
Vice Admiral

View Allyn Gibson's Twitter Profile Send a message via AIM to Allyn Gibson Send a message via Yahoo to Allyn Gibson
Re: Avengers Vs. X-Men -- Speculation, Spoilers, and Discussion

Out today, Avengers Vs. X-Men #11:

Fatality!
No, really. That's Marvel's original solicitation text for the comic. They may have updated it online, I'm not sure. Can't be arsed to look.

I'm not going to focus too much on the "Fatality," since it's plastered across the Internet. I will say that, in the context of the comic, it makes a heck of a lot of sense, though I don't entirely understand how the character in question planned to defeat the X-Men.

Also, and I haven't seen anyone mention this, but

Anyway.

I never felt involved in this issue. I had a problem with the Avengers' behavior toward the X-Men who were abandoning their cause; they weren't being gracious in "victory." And when the fight between Cyclops/Emma and the Avengers/X-Men alliance happened, I didn't really have a grasp of how the A/X team planned to win.

The fatality, by the way, is handled badly. It's not clear when it happens that anything out of the ordinary happened.

That said, I think this issue manages to narrow the narrative enough that a pretty good guess as to the finale can be hazarded.

With lots of extra punching, of course.

allyngibson.net
Allyn Gibson is offline   Reply With Quote