View Single Post
Old September 12 2012, 02:26 PM   #107
Use of Time
Commodore

Re: NFL 2012 - Drive to Glory

SmoothieX wrote: View Post
The replacement refs are serviceable, better than I expected, but still not very good. And the term is scab, not scrub.

I also think people are reading too much into Week 1.

I don't think the Packers or Giants are that bad, I don't think the Jets or Bears are that good.

I think Houston is severely overrated. I think Atlanta and San Diego are severely underrated. I think the AFC will come down to Baltimore and New England.

This sounds like 10 Things I Think I Think, which I did not intend to do. I'm a bigger fan of Tuesday Morning Quarterback anyway. I'll do it in haiku next time.
Agree with everything except that I think the Bears really are that good. Cutler has the "Romo" factor where everybody shits on him despite him being a very good quarterback. Add to the fact that he actually has a receiver this year in Marshall and isn't relying on having to throw to a converted corner. (Hester)

I think Houston will never impress anybody but still rack up wins. They are extremely well coached. They run the ball control the clock and they avoid turnovers with a game managing quarterback. They will win a lot of close games with their style.