View Single Post
Old September 12 2012, 02:13 PM   #734
Use of Time
Commodore

Re: MLB Discussion - 2012 Season

Ahhh David Wright. I played high school baseball in an extremely talented division for its time. I was a freshman on the same team as a senior Michael Cuddyer who was primarily a pitcher. As a Junior our rival high school featured a skinny David Wright as a shortstop with a lot of upside. There was also this third baseman down the road named Ryan Zimmerman who was tearing it up. A few years later my brother played for the same high school I did hitting cleanup on a team that featured Justin Upton hitting third. My brother probably got a scholarship based on Upton protecting him in the lineup as well as giving him a lot of RBI opportunities. The latest guy to come from the Tidewater area is D-Backs pitcher Daniel Hudson.

On that note Justin Upton is a pretty cool guy. He was back in town last year in the off season and covered a pretty substantial bar tab for us while we got to pick his brain on life on the big leagues. He was also giving us the heads up on B.J.'s contract negotiation. It's pretty cool being privy to information that Buster Olney or Ken Rosenthal would die for.