View Single Post
Old September 12 2012, 04:02 AM   #915
Vektor
Rear Admiral

Re: Star Ship Polaris

Heart-related stuff seems to be under control. Blood pressure is down to normal or a bit under. I just can't seem to shake this ringing in my ears and the lightheadedness. Got an appointment with an Ear, Nose, Throat doctor in the morning to see if it's some kind of inner ear problem. An infection seems unlikely since this has been going on to varying degrees for close to a year, but who knows? Someone recently told me about crystals that can form in the inner ear and cause problems. Another person mentioned blockages of the Eustachian tubes that can pump up pressure in your inner ear like a bicycle tire when you laugh or cough or even just talk a lot, which is just about exactly what's been happening.

At this point I would welcome any of the above, mainly because I have no idea where else to go with this.

In the mean time, I am eating a lot better and I do think that's made a big difference. Not to mention the fact that I've lost about 25 pounds over the last three months or so. I'm actually within spitting distance of 200 pounds again for the first time in probably 15 years. I'm also exercising regularly again, both martial arts training and weight lifting, so I'm also back in much better shape than I've been in at least that many years.

Sucks to go through all of this, but I have to admit some good things have come of it.