View Single Post
Old September 12 2012, 01:15 AM   #93
Christopher
Writer

Re: La-La Land to release 15-disc original series score set

It just occurred to me that it would be great if La La Land could do a box set of scores from Mission: Impossible too -- the original series, of course. There is one CD available, but it's all Lalo Schifrin and mainly from later seasons, it looks like. I think M:I had its best music in the first 4 seasons, and featured some great contributions by Gerald Fried, Jerry Fielding, Walter Scharf (who's best known for composing the National Geographic theme), Robert Drasnin, and others as well as Schifrin. I know M:I isn't as popular today as Star Trek, but the Fried and Fielding scores would have crossover appeal for Trek music fans -- and I submit the rest of the early scores would too, since this was also a Desilu production made simultaneously with TOS and probably used the same recording studio and equipment and a lot of the same musicians and instruments, giving the scores a similar sound even with different composers. And I'd certainly be interested in such a set.

Written Worlds -- My blog
Christopher is offline   Reply With Quote