View Single Post
Old September 11 2012, 07:45 PM   #84
WalkerBait
Trekker4747

Re: Perfect example of what they SHOULD have done with the TNG-R FX

BritishSeaPower wrote: View Post
I have to say the CGI in the remastered eps was good all around, but I was really impressed by the D'Deridex reveal in "Neutral Zone". Perhaps it's just that I haven't "Neutral Zone" since the Season 1 DVD set came out, but I felt that the Warbird looked amazing. It seemed imposing, big and really well textured. There even appears to be a new design element, a sort of ripple or fold on the "wings" of the ship. I actually said "Whoa!" outloud upon seeing it. The CGI E-D looks good, though there are a few times I *know* it's a CGI ship and the illusion is shattered. But I have to say, the CGI is well integrated into the show and doesn't seem as alien as it does in TOS-R. (Not that TOS-R is bad, but you notice it more.)

Also, have we gotten a reason as to why that 2 seconds of Riker wasn't HD? Missing film I'm guessing.
Missing film element for who knows what reasons.

It's important to point out that not all of the effects are being replaced in this, in fact most of them are NOT being replaced and are just the original film elements fully remastered.