View Single Post
Old September 11 2012, 01:45 PM   #1
Spock/Uhura Fan
Captain

Spock & Spock Prime: Was the Torch Successfully Passed?

Hello, another poll for you all.

Hopefully, this can be a thread that is one part poll, one part discussion/debate, and one part appreciation of either or both actors and their common role. My answer to the poll question is an obvious YES! I think Zachary Quinto did a wonderful job picking up where Nimoy's Spock could have left off if events and circumstances had been different in the Prime timeline.

I also love the fact that the two of them appear to have a wonderful friendship that, no doubt, played its part in how well Zachary was able to take on the role of Mr. Spock and put his own little bit of pizzazz in there as well.

What do you think? Was Zachary's portrayal of this iconic character the beginning of greatness, or an epic fail of major proportions? Obviously, the writing has something to do with how the character was received, but I'm asking purely about the performance. Please feel free to leave your thoughts about the writing after you say what you did or didn't like about Mr. Quinto's delivery.

And to help start off this thread, here's a scene that I just love from the movie. I think it's one of the BEST!!! :

(Mr. Spock Prime wishes our "new" Mr. Spock "Good luck." )

“The history of men's opposition to women's emancipation is more interesting perhaps than the story of that emancipation itself.” - Virginia Woolf
Spock/Uhura Fan is offline   Reply With Quote