View Single Post
Old September 11 2012, 08:06 AM   #617
Mr Silver
Rear Admiral

Re: General Pro Wrestling News and Discussion Thread Part Deux!

I missed Raw last night and didn't catch up with the Lawler story until this morning (it's just coming up to 8am over here). It does sound like a heart related incident, but whatever the case, I really hope that Lawler doesn't plan on getting back in the ring, if this indeed turns out to be heart related. He has nothing else left to prove as a wrestler, having cemented himself as arguably the greatest southern territorial wrestler of all time and one of the greatest of all time overall.

When I first read the reports, I immediately began to think of Mitsuharu Misawa who fell into cardiac arrest in a match (Misawa had wrestled much longer than he should have from a physical point of view, having elected to stay on to help raise the profile of his his promotion - Pro Wrestling NOAH and to build new stars) and died following attempts to resuscitate him.

From what everyone is saying, Michael Cole handled things brilliantly, despite being emotionally rocked, a true testament to his professionalism. I hope King gets well soon and also sensibly reflects upon this recent incident objectively in regards to his level of physical performance in the future.
Mr Silver is offline   Reply With Quote