View Single Post
Old September 11 2012, 04:18 AM   #17
Esteban
Commander

Re: Roddenberry Podcasts

Ok, don't get your tunic in a twist. I spent another couple of minutes of my life listening to Ken's podcast on "The Man Trap". Frankly, these are a dish best served cold--and once.

In the podcast, Ken keeps calling the planet M-13, not M-113. He also refers to "Commander Spock".

Nits, of course. But he gets the planet name and the Spock's first-season rank wrong.

Let's get constructive rather than tossing about criticisms, of either the effort or the poster. I think the podcasts would be greatly enhanced if they got more into the behind-the-scenes production trivia, and I mean more than "Gene Roddenberry looped the 'Turkeys' line in Charlie X. That requires bringing out the sacred texts, "Making", "World", and "Inside". Plus the Jeff Bond book on music.

Finally, I really think they should go in production order, not original airdate, because they spend alot of time talking about how in this episode that happened, but in the previous one that hadn't happened. I want to hear production dates, Harvey Hart's ten-day shoot, the utter mess of "What are Little Girls Made Of?" that occurred because Gene R. was trying to write in and rewrite in his mistress.

Let me help.
Esteban is offline   Reply With Quote