View Single Post
Old September 10 2012, 09:56 PM   #955
Skywalker
Admiral

Re: THE HOBBIT (2012/2013): News, Rumors, Pics Till Release

DigificWriter wrote: View Post
Does anybody have any comments/thoughts on the new 'break point' for An Unexpected Journey? I understand that the first film now breaks with the Company pinned down in Mirkwood by Wargs and fire. I personally think it's a neat place to break the film because it's a significant departure from the 'peaceful note' pattern that was used in all 3 of the LotR films, and because it could potentially 'set the table' for The Desolation of Smaug to also break on a cliffhanger, which I think would also be neat.
It seems pretty clear that that's where they'll end AUJ, but I don't think it will be a cliffhanger. I think the Eagles will show up and take them to safety, and the movie will end with a brief respite and a warning to Bilbo from Gandalf that the journey's far from over.

For a chapter-by-chapter breakdown of the three movies, I think it'll go something like this:

Of course, I'm sure there will be overlap. I doubt the movies will flow exactly as the book did. And then there will be the additions Jackson has lifted from the Appendices.
Skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote