View Single Post
Old September 10 2012, 08:24 PM   #953
DigificWriter
Rear Admiral

Re: THE HOBBIT (2012/2013): News, Rumors, Pics Till Release

^ That's where the glimpse I remembered came from; it was the trailer, not a still image.

As an addendum to what I said earlier, TORN unequivocally says that Jackson and Co. want the Hobbit films to lead directly into the LotR films, which further lessens the likelihood that the framing story will be edited in such a way as to prevent the chronological viewing of the two trilogies.

Does anybody have any comments/thoughts on the new 'break point' for An Unexpected Journey? I understand that the first film now breaks with the Company pinned down in Mirkwood by Wargs and fire. I personally think it's a neat place to break the film because it's a significant departure from the 'peaceful note' pattern that was used in all 3 of the LotR films, and because it could potentially 'set the table' for The Desolation of Smaug to also break on a cliffhanger, which I think would also be neat.