View Single Post
Old September 10 2012, 06:13 PM   #95
FelizNavidad
Admiral

View FelizNavidad's Twitter Profile
Re: Star Trek 2 Has A New Title?

After thinking about the title this weekend, I honestly can't believe people are bothered by lack of colon.

With that being said, I think the thing that bothers me about this movie is the prospect that it will be incredibly dark and not feel like Star Trek. We need a show like Star Trek that looks to a brighter future, and imploding Vulcan didn't really give me that much hope, even though it still kinda felt like Star Trek. I just don't want to see Star Trek (In any form) fall into a BSG type show where everyone is crap to each other all the time. I don't mind conflict or stuff like that, but this title leads me to believe that they will take Star Trek to such a dark place that it just won't feel like Star Trek anymore. It will be another action movie that, (in the same vain as a lot of classic BSG fans), will be STINO ("Star Trek in Name Only").

Still willing to give the film the benefit of the doubt since I liked the 2009 movie. I am still amazed they had 3 years to come up with a title and this was the best they could come up with. That's why I called it Anti-climatic.

sjsharksfan39
FelizNavidad is offline   Reply With Quote