View Single Post
Old September 10 2012, 03:21 PM   #5
Ó Méith
Lieutenant

Re: No longer been able to download eBooks from books on board

Thank you for your posts regarding this matter.

I replied to the message they sent me explaining how I was not that impressed with their reply and received this message.

"Hi Sean,

Thank you for your reply. Amazon announced the discontinuation of the Mobipocket format back in January 2012. As a result, the distributors we work with have pulled all Mobipocket books from distribution, meaning they can no longer be purchased or downloaded. We still have a handful of non-DRM Mobipocket books available that we source ourselves, but the majority of Mobipocket books we used to have are now gone.

If you have any Mobipocket books in your order history that have not yet been downloaded from our site, we can either exchange those (if an alternative is available) or give you store credit for their value. Please let me know specifically which books have not been downloaded if any and I can take care of that as soon as possible. Unfortunately if the book has already been downloaded then we are unable to exchange. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

In regards to I, Claudius from order #288556, please follow these steps to enable download again:

1. Go to our website at http://www.booksonboard.com.
2. Click "Sign In" to log in with your username and password.
3. Click "My Account".
4. Click "Order History".
5. Locate the order containing the book you cannot download and click the green arrow icon next to it.
6. Click "Enter Missing Address Elements" on the book you wish to download.
7. Fill in the missing elements of your address in the template that appears.
8. Click "Save Changes".

Please note your address will need to be updated for each order you wish to download that is having this issue. I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. Please let me know if you have any questions.

Regards,
Michael
BooksOnBoard Support"

Since I have already downloaded the book, I am debating whether to give up now or to struggle on.