View Single Post
Old September 10 2012, 12:26 PM   #78
Spock/Uhura Fan
Captain

Re: Who likes Spock/Uhura too?

teacake wrote: View Post
Spock/Uhura Fan wrote: View Post
Hey, you sure that wouldn't be hot?

That is INCREDIBLE. It's just.. wow. Does he have his hand on her back?

(is there a K/S version? J/K, J/K!!)

Oh and as to you getting mocked for liking S/U, that's what's called shipper wars and you got caught in the crossfire. I think most people in the more fannish threads on this forum just plain enjoy the characters and enjoy everyone's different preferences.
Yeah, I just came across it and I thought it was very pretty. I never thought of them as vampires before, but this drawing seemed to work. And yes, I do think he has his hand on her back.

I don't know about any K/S versions, even though you're kidding, but you never know what's out there.

You know what's funny, though? I don't know if it was a shipper war or not. The people that claimed that Spock couldn't, just couldn't, be with Uhura were very hard about it absolutely just having to be Kirk/Spock/McCoy as a friendship pairing that was dubbed "The Triumvirate." They went into all kinds of stuff about id, ego, and super-ego and how they needed each other and had to be together and never have any women in their lives or a family.

Kirk is supposed to be married to the ship, and Spock is supposed to be dedicated to him, and Bones is supposed to be the heart and the passion... I asked point-blank if it was sexual because they seemed to think Uhura was stealing Spock away from the other 2, and I couldn't understand the intensity of the hate. I got no response. You could hear crickets chirping, so I'm not sure what that means. I just think that it's possible to have friends and a girlfriend/fiancee. According to them, I was wrong. Maybe it was a shipper war... I don't know.

“The history of men's opposition to women's emancipation is more interesting perhaps than the story of that emancipation itself.” - Virginia Woolf
Spock/Uhura Fan is offline   Reply With Quote