View Single Post
Old September 10 2012, 11:54 AM   #75
Spock/Uhura Fan
Captain

Re: Who likes Spock/Uhura too?

Greg Cox wrote: View Post
Spock/Uhura Fan wrote: View Post
And by the way, you need to update your appearances on your website. 2011 has come and past. Lyla is beautiful. She looks really pretty and girly. I could tell she was a she before reading the name. And of course the cats look nice too. Forgive my poking around, but you have the link there in your signature, and I just clicked.
Hey, I put that link there so people will poke around!

And, yeah, I seriously need to update that website. It's missing the Dark Knight Rises book, the upcoming Leverage book, the next Star Trek book, etc. Plus, sad to say, two of those cats are no longer with us . . . although I can't bring myself to delete their photos yet.

And that's a really old photo of Lyla, too, although I'm probably never going to change it. That's such a great photo of her!

As soon as I get out from beneath some pressing deadlines, I'll take an evening off to update it, I promise!
Sorry to hear about the loss of your pets, I know that can be very hard. It's nice that you still have their pictures up. And I wouldn't take down that photo of Lyla either. It's beautiful. I look forward to your updates. Do you have any short stories, or something like that? I like to take baby-steps in getting used to an author.

Shape-Shifter wrote: View Post
I am not shipper fan enough to go total gusher and say I "love" them together. I don't want Star Trek Into Twilight...
Hey, you sure that wouldn't be hot?

iguana_tonante wrote: View Post
Mr_Homn wrote: View Post
It came across as lame pandering to female teenagers to me.
Yep, because everybody knows that only girls are interested in love and romance in movies. Real Men™ do not need any of that shit. We only like punches and guns.

Come on.
Well, I recall being told that I wasn't a "TRUE FAN™" on another site because I like S/U. I was told in so many words that I needed to watch all seasons of TOS before I could have an opinion about the movie I did watch that is in a separate timeline. And even then, if I still liked S/U, my opinion would be WRONG. Pretty amazing.

I'm a fan of what I like, but apparently there is a set of qualifications involved if one is to be considered a TRUE FAN™, of what kind, I'm not sure. I guess they were talking about Star Trek in general.

"Lame pandering" almost seems kind in comparison. I am very happy that this thread has been so nice so far.

“The history of men's opposition to women's emancipation is more interesting perhaps than the story of that emancipation itself.” - Virginia Woolf
Spock/Uhura Fan is offline   Reply With Quote