View Single Post
Old September 9 2012, 09:41 PM   #30
sonak
Vice Admiral

Re: My rambling thoughts on BSG after a full series run-through

Hartzilla2007 wrote: View Post
sonak wrote: View Post
Dark Gilligan wrote: View Post
Religion was part of nuBSG from the very beginning. In the pilot episode Six explicitly tells Baltar that the Cylons are following God's plan. Baltar scoffed that Six would believe in something as primitive as religion. Later, when Head!Six first appeared, she tells Baltar she's one of God's messengers. Also in Season 1, Starbuck herself was linked to Aurora, the angel who would guide humanity to its new home. The series remained true to this philosophy throughout.

these things were there, but could have gone the route that Trek often did,
Except NuBSG is not Star Trek.

thanks for pointing that out. Up until I read your post, I had watched that series and been commenting it on this thread while under the assumption that BSG was actually the sixth Star Trek television series, but like Enterprise originally, did not include the words "Star Trek" in the title.

Your post has forced me to re-evaluate the way I've been looking at this series, and I am grateful to you for providing me with this valuable information, and I will make good use of it in my future analyses of the themes, characters, and plots of BSG.