Thread: The Newsroom.
View Single Post
Old September 9 2012, 02:54 PM   #279
TheGodBen
Rear Admiral

Re: The Newsroom.

Drago-Kazov wrote: View Post
Did the thing balance out. Are they equally critical of democrats by now?
The show was always balanced, it just so happens that the modern Democratic party is somewhere near the centre while the Tea party are off on the lunatic fringe. The show's problem is that it often comes across as pretentious in attempting to get this message across.

Australis wrote: View Post
And think of McAvoy's show as the Fox News of the Left, though at least rooted in facts.
America already has a station like that called MSNBC, but More people watch Fox. Go figure.

Methos wrote: View Post
So, i don't have any government stamped photo ID... and if i wanted one, either a passport or drivers license would cost me upto 80... and why should I pay for something i'm not going to use except for to vote?
Any US state that passes a voter ID law must also provide a free state-issued ID that can be used for voting, otherwise the law would be struck down as an unconstitutional poll tax. The problem is that lots of people don't want to go through the hassle of the process of applying for a free ID just to vote, so many people that don't already have a valid ID just wont bother to vote.