View Single Post
Old September 9 2012, 07:02 AM   #76
CorporalCaptain
Admiral

Re: Another "Wonder Woman" show now in early development

JD wrote: View Post
Where was everybody getting the whole high school thing earlier in the thread? In all of the stuff I read the only way they compared it Smallville was by saying it would be a young Diana just starting out as a superhero. I don't see where any of what was said prevents them from following the traditional WW origin. The show could just follow her as she's new to "Man's World" and learning about our society and at the same time starting the path to becoming a superhero. I think it's worth keeping in mind that the guy who is trying to put the show together has a history with comic books, and Wonder Woman specifically. So he should have at least some familiarity with the traditional portrayal and history or the character.
Just because Smallville, being a teen drama based on the exploits of Superboy, is quintessentially a story whose protagonist is a teenager. Granted, it proves nothing, but why make a comparison with respect to tangential elements? In other words, why compare it to Smallville, if the better and more obvious comparison is to Batman Begins?