SJSharksfan39
Admiral

View SJSharksfan39's Twitter Profile
Re: Movies Seen in 2012

26) Premium Rush (2012) - B-
27) The Bourne Legacy (2012) - C
28) Haywire (2012) - B
29) LA Confidential - A (1997)

Not sure why it took me 15 years to see this movie, but I finally got around to seeing it tonight and man what a great movie this was. The theme of corruption in the LAPD, the mystery vibe, the aesthetic 1950s look and feel to the movie and the outstanding cast made this movie. I wouldn't necessarily call it a best picture winner though because I did feel it started slow but once the plot go going, it was gripping until the end. Really liked this cast and I'm assuming this was one of Russel Crowe's first roles? It's a shame he or Guy Peirce wasn't nominated for their roles, but Basinger was well deserved that year.

Theater: 11
BluRay: 9 (+1)
On Demand/TV: 3
Itunes: 6

As an aside, I really should go back and visit more 1990s academy award winning films. I still contend that was the best decade (In my lifetime which is 28 years) for film but there's still quite a lot I haven't seen. Heck, I have Reservior Dogs in my queue and will see that one of these days. Anyone have any other recommendations of great 90s cinema? Of course I might have seen it but other than the popular films of the decade (The Disney summer films, Titanic, Forrest Gump, Shawshank, Pulp Fiction), I probably haven't.