View Single Post
Old September 9 2012, 03:31 AM   #23
CorporalCaptain
Vice Admiral

Re: My rambling thoughts on BSG after a full series run-through

Sindatur wrote: View Post
Dark Gilligan wrote: View Post
Religion was part of nuBSG from the very beginning. In the pilot episode Six explicitly tells Baltar that the Cylons are following God's plan. Baltar scoffed that Six would believe in something as primitive as religion. Later, when Head!Six first appeared, she tells Baltar she's one of God's messengers. Also in Season 1, Starbuck herself was linked to Aurora, the angel who would guide humanity to its new home. The series remained true to this philosophy throughout.
Yea, I've never understood the arguments that "In S3 it went all Religious". It was that way from the Pilot, yea, halfway or more through the Series they revealed more of it, but, it was always there bubbling, waiting for it's proper time to surface
Yeah, I agree with this, too. Although I may not have expressed them well, my remarks were not intended to contradict this point; they were only intended to point out that the intervention of higher powers, in particular to resurrect Starbuck, paralleled events depicted in the original series.