View Single Post
Old September 9 2012, 02:30 AM   #23
Spock/Uhura Fan
Re: Title Possibly Revealed?

M'Sharak wrote: View Post
Spock/Uhura Fan wrote: View Post
(And I don't see that the colon makes a difference, but...)
I'm honestly not inclined to worry much about it either way, at this point. But it is kind of amusing that the colon/no colon question is the subject of so much discussion in the TrekMovie comment thread.
Oh believe me, I know what their comment sections are like. I hung in there for a while. I should have known better when the first ever comment I made there was attacked because it was "too nice." That would be funny if I were joking, but I'm not. People squabbling like chickens over a grain of feed... And if you stay there long enough, they get you clucking and pecking too... I'm not trying to say anything too bad because there are a handful of nice and reasonable posters there--I'm just saying I understand how and why a simple colon would and could be the cause of the next apocalypse there. That is all.

Spock/Uhura Fan wrote: View Post

EDIT: Now that I think about it, did the Bajorans name it DS9 or the Federation/Starfleet? Anyone know? I don't feel like looking it up.
"Deep Space Nine" was a Federation designation (I believe one or two other deep space stations get mention in dialogue, but I don't think they're ever seen.) Off the top of my head, I can't recall whether the Bajorans had their own name for the station or if they simply switched from calling it "Terok Nor" to calling it "DS9".

Whoops, we did see Deep Space Station K-7 in "Trouble With Tribbles" and "Trials and Tribble-ations".
Cool, thank you.
MA'AM. Hot damn, I can dig it.

“The history of men's opposition to women's emancipation is more interesting perhaps than the story of that emancipation itself.” - Virginia Woolf
Spock/Uhura Fan is offline   Reply With Quote