View Single Post
Old September 9 2012, 01:30 AM   #23
Spock/Uhura Fan
Captain

Re: Title Possibly Revealed?

M'Sharak wrote: View Post
Spock/Uhura Fan wrote: View Post
(And I don't see that the colon makes a difference, but...)
I'm honestly not inclined to worry much about it either way, at this point. But it is kind of amusing that the colon/no colon question is the subject of so much discussion in the TrekMovie comment thread.
Oh believe me, I know what their comment sections are like. I hung in there for a while. I should have known better when the first ever comment I made there was attacked because it was "too nice." That would be funny if I were joking, but I'm not. People squabbling like chickens over a grain of feed... And if you stay there long enough, they get you clucking and pecking too... I'm not trying to say anything too bad because there are a handful of nice and reasonable posters there--I'm just saying I understand how and why a simple colon would and could be the cause of the next apocalypse there. That is all.

Spock/Uhura Fan wrote: View Post

EDIT: Now that I think about it, did the Bajorans name it DS9 or the Federation/Starfleet? Anyone know? I don't feel like looking it up.
"Deep Space Nine" was a Federation designation (I believe one or two other deep space stations get mention in dialogue, but I don't think they're ever seen.) Off the top of my head, I can't recall whether the Bajorans had their own name for the station or if they simply switched from calling it "Terok Nor" to calling it "DS9".

Edit:

Whoops, we did see Deep Space Station K-7 in "Trouble With Tribbles" and "Trials and Tribble-ations".
Cool, thank you.

“The history of men's opposition to women's emancipation is more interesting perhaps than the story of that emancipation itself.” - Virginia Woolf
Spock/Uhura Fan is offline   Reply With Quote