View Single Post
Old September 9 2012, 01:17 AM   #22
M'Sharak
Definitely Herbert. Maybe.

Re: Title Possibly Revealed?

Spock/Uhura Fan wrote: View Post
(And I don't see that the colon makes a difference, but...)
I'm honestly not inclined to worry much about it either way, at this point. But it is kind of amusing that the colon/no colon question is the subject of so much discussion in the TrekMovie comment thread.

Spock/Uhura Fan wrote: View Post

EDIT: Now that I think about it, did the Bajorans name it DS9 or the Federation/Starfleet? Anyone know? I don't feel like looking it up.
"Deep Space Nine" was a Federation designation (I believe one or two other deep space stations get mention in dialogue, but I don't think they're ever seen.) Off the top of my head, I can't recall whether the Bajorans had their own name for the station or if they simply switched from calling it "Terok Nor" to calling it "DS9".

Edit:

Whoops, we did see Deep Space Station K-7 in "Trouble With Tribbles" and "Trials and Tribble-ations".
"Recently my 8 year-old cousin asked me, with a wicked twinkle in his eye, if I'd ever microwaved a banana. I'm terrified to try, but I'm sure whatever happens—splattering, abrupt, radioactive—sounds exactly like an Annie Clark guitar solo."

Last edited by M'Sharak; September 9 2012 at 01:20 AM. Reason: nae tribble with deep space stations
M'Sharak is offline   Reply With Quote