View Single Post
Old September 8 2012, 11:17 PM   #108
MacLeod
Admiral

Re: F1 2012 Championship Thread

Well it's a Front Row lockout for McLaren, breaking Williams record for most number of front row lockouts. Kind of a suprose that Ferrari the oldest tem in F1 didn't hold that record. But is that in part down to focusing more on one driver than the other in recent years.

In other news Ferrari President Luca Di Montezemolo has some 'interesting notions' on the future ideas for F1

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/19532651

He also suggested changing the times European races run in the summer to attract a bigger television audience.
"I don't think it's good to race in July and August at 2pm when the people are in the sea or on vacation," he said. "Soccer plays at 6, 7, 8 o'clock."

Football actually plays around 12:00, 15:00. (at least in the UK yes there are some kick offs around the 17:00 and 19:00 etc.. mark). People will still be on Vacation regardless at what time you run the race. As for the sea, I wouldn't be in the sea around the UK. But taking a global view no doubt many people who watch F1 around the world might be hours away from the nearest sea. Sure Luca is no doubt viewing it from an Italian perspective.

As for a later start during the European phase of the season, that would impact on the time of the race in other countries.

Sure the idea to reduce the influence of aero is not without merit. But I'm curious how you save costs by doing more testing.
On the continent of wild endeavour in the mountains of solace and solitude there stood the citadel of the time lords, the oldest and most mighty race in the universe looking down on the galaxies below sworn never to interfere only to watch.
MacLeod is online now   Reply With Quote