View Single Post
Old September 8 2012, 05:52 PM   #12
Kegg
Rear Admiral

Re: Title Possibly Revealed?

Agent Richard07 wrote: View Post
^ They did say that they wanted to avoid another title with a colon. This one sounds a little forced though, assuming it is the title.
It does. Honestly I assumed the title would be something Star Trek themed but without the words 'Star Trek', like Starship Enterprise or Captain Kirk or Khan or something, a bit like how the Nolan films abandoned 'Batman' altogether after the first feature and replaced it with a common nickname for the character.

Star Trek Into Darkness isn't a good title, and having a colon wouldn't change that, although I can sort of see what they're going for - a star trek into darkness, making the franchise name part of the title, rather than serving as basically a franchise label (leading to such incongruous names like Star Trek: Deep Space Nine).

So yeah, not wild about the title, but I did really enjoy the last Star Trek movie, (and I liked the titles of Star Trek: Nemesis and Star Trek: Insurrection, and look how those turned out) so we'll see. Or something.