View Single Post
Old September 8 2012, 04:53 PM   #5090
Agent Richard07
Admiral

Re: DC's New 52: Reviews and Discussion (Spoilers welcolme and likely)

Dial H #0: The story didn't make a lot of sense, but it was nice to see a "sundial" device and a user from ancient times.

Smallville #1 to #5: I finally got around to reading these. I love seeing Smallville continue with a full-on version of Superman, but what we got so far hasn't been the best. About the only thing that stood out was the line about how they can start using the name "Superman" now. Can't say that this version of Superman is a good one either. He doesn't have the same kind of presence that you'd expect from the character. I also noticed that General Lane didn't recognize Superman as Clark Kent. That was odd. Moving along... Things really took off with Issue #5. Now we have Smallville's Batman. They tweaked the costume a bit and brought in a female Nightwing. It was all very much in keeping with the kind of thing the show would have done and I enjoyed seeing this new take on things. I wish they would have used Robin though. I also found myself trying to figure out Bruce's age and who might have played him if he were on the show. Lots of fun to be had here and I look forward to reading on. Can't wait to see what they do with Wonder Woman.

I'm going to have to catch up on that season 11 thread.
Agent Richard07 is offline   Reply With Quote