View Single Post
Old September 8 2012, 02:06 PM   #63
Fleet Captain
View Methos's Twitter Profile Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Methos Send a message via Yahoo to Methos
Re: Another "Wonder Woman" show now in early development

Mars wrote: View Post
Wonder Woman is not just the way she looks, her history is important too, if you change it too much, you get a different character.

Hollywood producers often get too creative in reinventing old characters and not creative enough in writing stories for them.
Pure truth...

You need to stick with the origins with Wonder Woman, as with all comic to TV / Movie franchise... otherwise you might as well call it a ripoff and be done with it...

Wonder Woman was crafted from clay, and given birth by Zeus and Hera... she does not have 'parents' in the traditional sense, and was raised by Hippolyta, queen of the Amazons...

It makes me cringe when i see Tv shows and movies where they've taken the character, given them a completely different back story and motivations, and tried to pass it off as the original...

In Russia, a 122 year old man has passed away, he credited his long life to abtaining from alcohol, tobacco and women. His last words were "I've made a huge mistake."
Methos is offline   Reply With Quote